This is an archived article. For the latest news, go to the Advance Homepage
For more archives, go to the Advance Archive/Search Page.


September 8, 2003

50 Years Ago - College of Agriculture Building Opens

Image: College of Agriculture Building in 1953.

Long before UConn 2000, the University underwent a major construction program in the years following World War II. One of the projects was a new building for the College of Agriculture, which opened in fall 1953. It was later named for Wilfred B. Young, dean of the college from 1944 to 1966. The program became the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources in the late 1960s.

Photo from University Archives

Issue Index